- Keep Town of Tonawanda streets clean
- Help save space at the local landfill
- Save residents the cost and hassle of bagging leaves
- Further the Town of Tonawanda’s recycling efforts by helping turn leaves into compost
Do not park cars on or around the leaf piles. Only rake leaves to the curbside as debris, limbs, trash and other yard wastes delay leaf collection efforts. Citizens should put these other items out for their regular refuse pick-up.
The remainder of the year, all grass clippings, leaves and the like should be placed in your tote or clear plastic bags (not exceeding 60 pounds) and placed at the curb on your normal collection day.
- Rake your leaves the day or evening before your scheduled collection.
- Try to avoid parking cars on streets scheduled for collection.
- Town of Tonawanda Municipal Code 183-6: Depositing certain materials upon public places prohibited - No person, firm or corporation shall plow, shovel, sweep, heap up or in any other manner deposit or place snow, ice, slush or any other material or substance on any street or any other public place in the Town of Tonawanda, outside the Village of Kenmore.
- Town of Tonawanda Municipal Code 181-10: Waste material generated by contractors
- All brush and tree parts removed by contractors must be removed from the premises by the contractor. Such brush and tree parts may not be placed within a public right of way, except temporarily if necessary in the course of the work which produced the brush and tree parts, and then for no longer than 24 hours immediately following the completion of the work.
- All construction and demolition debris produced by contractors must be removed from the premises by the contractor as provided in Town of Tonawanda Municipal Code 181-12 herein. Said debris may not be placed within a public right of way except temporarily, if necessary, in the course of the work which produced said debris, and then for no longer than 24 hours immediately following the completion of the work.