Town of Tonawanda, Kenmore, City of Tonawanda - Register Now!
Town of Tonawanda Basic CERT Training is starting Monday March 23rd, 2020. Classes will meet each Monday evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM) up to May 5th with a final exercise Saturday May 9th. Location: Timothy Goff Public Safety Training Center, 70 Fire Tower Dr. Town of Tonawanda.
REGISTER ONLINE HERE CERT ONLINE REGISTRATION
CERT Training is FREE and available to Town of Tonawanda, Village of Kenmore and City of Tonawanda residents. Participants must be at least 18 years of age (16 with parent approval), and you must attend all sessions.
This FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Association) based CERT training is designed to prepare you to help yourself, your family, and your neighbors in the event of a major disaster/event. CERT is about readiness, people helping people, and doing the greatest good for the greatest number of people. CERT Training prepares you to help yourself, your family, and your neighbors in the event of a catastrophic disaster. Emergency personnel may not be able to help everyone immediately and you can make a difference by using CERT Training to save lives and protect property. Through personal education, training and volunteer service, every individual can help make their community safer, stronger and better prepared to respond to the hazards of weather, terrorism, crime, public health issues, and disasters of all kinds.
CERT Training is a FREE Community Preparedness course that includes both academic and hands-on instruction. The course will meet at the Town of Tonawanda Fire Training Tower Classroom, (70 Fire Tower Drive), located off of Two Mile Creek Road in the Town of Tonawanda. Participants should plan to attend all sessions. Click for Map
Here are some useful links to learn more about CERT
CERT Training Registration
Emergencies can strike at any time. CERT training greatly enhances individual and community readiness during natural or man-made disasters and emergencies. CERT training includes academic and hands-on instruction followed by a disaster simulation training exercise. Topics include:
• Disaster Preparedness: Disasters & Disaster Workers, Community Preparedness
• Fire Safety: Fire Chemistry, Fire Hazards, Fire Safety, & Fire Suppression
• Light Search and Rescue: Search & Rescue Size-up and Operations
• Emergency Medical Operations I & II: Triage & Treating Life Threatening Injuries
• Disaster Psychology: Impact of Disaster on Rescuers & Victims and Its Mitigation
• Terrorism & CERT: Terrorism & its Goals; CERT Protocols for Terrorism Incidents
• Disaster Simulation Training Exercise: Course Review & Hands-on Exercise
• FEMA IS 100: Incident Command System introduction
Alternatively, you can send your name and contact info by email to:
Town of Tonawanda Police Department
1835 Sheridan Drive
Buffalo, NY 14223