The Town of Tonawanda Planning Board was formed in 1950 by the Town Board.
The 1955 Planning Board was comprised of the following members:
- Earl R. Nunemaker, chairman
- Lorna R. Cruickshank, vice chairman
- Edward A. Dunlap
- Theodore A. Krehbiel, secretary
- J. Donald McKenzie
- Robert A. Penman
- Everett J. Stiggins
- A. Russell Tryon, town planning consultant
- Lyle A . Findlay, legal advisor
- Marguerite Dingeldey, secretary pro tem
The board is codified by Chapter 27 of the town code and was recently assigned site plan approval authority under Chapter 215-70.53 for zoning.