Captain Jonathan Scott
1835 Sheridan Dr.
Report Criminal Activity to our Confidential Tip Line: (716) 879-6606
The Criminal Investigation Bureau is responsible for:
- Investigating reports of crimes
- Conducting arson investigations
- Gathering evidence of all types
- Interviewing and taking statements from victims, witnesses and defendants for the purpose of successfully apprehending and prosecuting the perpetrators of said crimes
- Providing technical services and intelligence to the Patrol Bureau
- Conducting internal investigations as directed by the Chief of Police, the Division Commanders or the Captain of Detectives
Detectives in certain areas such as vice, gambling, narcotics and organized crime, will conduct investigations and do surveillance as directed, for the purpose of uncovering, prosecuting and preventing unreported crimes.
The Criminal Investigation Unit is also includes the Family Offense Unit, Juvenile Bureau, Special Investigations Unit and the Forensic Unit.
Fingerprints are taken by the department Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
The fee for fingerprint cards is $10 per card for Tonawanda residents and $50 per card for non-residents. You must bring the exact change, no personal checks are accepted. You must also have proper identification.
Warrant applications are available every day except holidays from 8:30 am to 9:30 am and 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
Pistol permit applications are available by contacting the Erie County Pistol Permit Bureau at (716) 858-6600.