§181-4. Preparation of waste material for collection
ALL GARBAGE AND WASTE MATERIAL in the Town of Tonawanda placed by owners/occupants of residential and non-residential property for collection by the Town of Tonawanda in accordance with this chapter shall be placed in the public right-of-way abutting the premises where said garbage and waste material is generated and shall be prepared as follows:
A. Garbage and non-recyclable waste material, refuse and rubbish shall be placed in a TOTE, which conforms to the specifications of this chapter. DOMESTIC ANIMAL WASTE SHALL BE THOROUGHLY WRAPPED IN DRY PAPER OR OTHER SIMILAR DRY SUBSTANCE AND PLACED IN A TOTE. Similarly, carcasses and hides of wildlife should also be disposed of in this manner.
1. While being stored in the TOTE prior to collection, THE LID OF THE TOTE SHALL BE TIGHTLY CLOSED.
2. After the TOTE is placed in the public right-of-way for collection, THE LID OF THE TOTE SHALL BE TIGHTLY CLOSED.
3. The owner of the property is not permitted to allow the TOTE TO OVERFLOW. No solid waste shall be placed on top of, next to or around the TOTE.
4. Construction and Demolition Debris or fill and yard waste may be placed in a TOTE for public collection.
5. Yard Waste, if not placed in a TOTE, may be placed for collection in a disposable clear or translucent plastic bag, which, WHEN CLOSED BY LACING IS AIRTIGHT AND WATERTIGHT.
6. Every owner of property shall supply an adequate number of TOTES for the safe storage and/or disposal of garbage and non-recyclable waste material, refuse and rubbish, AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY THE OCCUPANTS OF THE PROPERTY.
7. Prior to being placed in the right-of-way for collection, all TOTES shall be stored behind the front building line of any street unless specifically authorized by the Superintendent of Highways or the Supervising Building Inspector.
8. The TOTE SHALL BE CLEANED AS NECESSARY TO AVOID NOXIOUS OR OFFENSIVE ODORS AND TO PREVENT RODENT BREEDING AND INFESTATION.
F. Construction and demolition debris which results from work performed by the owner or occupant of a residence may be placed for collection in the public right-of-way abutting the premises where said work was performed if placed in TOTES or tied in bundles.
L. No bundle prepared for collection shall exceed 72 inches in length, 38 gallons in volume 60 pounds in weight.